Strengthening nails with acrylic powder under gel polish is suitable for women with weak nail plates.
In some women, the nail plate is too soft and very much exfoliated. Strengthening nail acrylic powder under the gel polish in this case can be the best way out.
On thinned nail plates, decorative varnishes keep poorly, therefore many resort to strengthening
What is acrylic powder?
Acryl migrated to cosmetic salons from dental offices. As it turned out, this plastic, durable and lightweight material used by physicians to create fillings and removable dentures, it is quite possible to use in nail art for:
- restoration of the nail plate with the appearance of microcracks;
- strengthen nails and give them strength;
- modeling and correction of the shape of the nail plates;
- create volumetric drawings (stucco).
To obtain a durable acrylic coating, a special powder is used, which when combined with a hardening liquid (glue or monomer) forms a porous, that is, breathable, and sufficiently durable material. Unlike biogel, there is no need to use a UV lamp for this — acrylic can harden in air.
To obtain a durable acrylic coating, a special powder is used, which, when combined with a hardening liquid, forms a porous, that is, breathable, and sufficiently strong material
Tip! To gel lacquer held tight, do not forget to apply the base varnish after acrylic. Colored nails are covered only after it dries.
Why do I need additional nail strength?
On thinned nail plates, decorative varnishes keep badly. Using a mixture of acrylic powder and glue:
- an intermediate bonding layer is created between the nail plate and the decorative coating (as it can be used not only gel, but also ordinary varnishes);
- nails become stronger, do not break and do not exfoliate;
- their surface is leveled.
Mixing acrylic powder with substances called monomers is used in nail extension. For the repair of nails, their leveling and strengthening, it is enough to purchase a special glue and mix it with acrylic powder. It has a more gentle effect, and its smell is less pungent. However, it will be impossible to model nails with such a mixture and lengthen them. To do this, do not use adhesives, and monomers.
For nail repair, leveling and strengthening it is enough to buy special glue and mix it with acrylic powder
Tip! To the total layer on the nail was not too thick, when coating with acrylic powder base coat of varnish should be made smaller.
Preparation of nails for the procedure
Also, as well as before usual manicure, before nails should be strengthened with acrylic, you should first prepare:
- clean them from old varnish;
- trim and saw off the tips;
- gently remove the cuticle;
- To protect the nail plates and skin from infection, treat them with any disinfectant.
A safer option for removing the cuticle is a French (unedged) manicure, in which it is not cut off, but processed by a special compound. After application of the product, it is kept on the skin for the indicated time. The softened cuticle is easily removed with a regular orange stick. Before the procedure, the skin can be pre-steamed in hot water - the steamed cuticle will quickly absorb the composition.
Cuticle removers are available in the form of gels, creams, oils or pencils. All of them contain disinfectants and contribute to the rapid restoration of the skin.
As well as before usual manicure, nails should be preliminary prepared before strengthening the nails with acrylic.
Tip! Strengthen the nail plate and prevent their delamination can be with the help of regular care for them with the help of fortified cosmetic compositions. You can use and folk remedies - for example, lemon juice or iodine.
Required tools and materials
To strengthen the nails, we need not only the acrylic powder and glue for its breeding, but also the following tools and materials:
- degreaser: commonly used nail polish remover;
- Bonder (base varnish): a preparation with binding components, with the help of which artificial materials are bonded (glued) to the nail plate;
- small brush number 6-8 for applying glue;
- fan brush to remove excess powder;
- nail file with a large abrasive to align the length of the nails;
- rectangular block-file (baf) for polishing.
Tip! Replacing Bonder with a primer-primer, which only protects the nails from the harmful effects of other compounds, is not worth it, as the adhesion will be less durable.
Strengthening nail acrylic gel varnish step by step
Before applying acrylic powder on the nails, they must be pre-treated - carefully file and polish to remove the shiny top layer that will interfere with adhesion. Further, the following actions are carried out:
- nail plates are trimmed by nail growth with a nail file, and then polished with a buff;
- after polishing the nails are degreased and dried;
- a layer of bonder (base varnish) is applied on them twice;
- then on the nails the adhesive composition is spread gently with a thin brush;
- so that the coating does not look too bulky, the layer must not be too thick;
After drying the composition in ordinary air (3-5 minutes is enough for this), the base gel is applied first and then the decorative gel polish
- without waiting for it to dry, nails fall into a jar of acrylic powder;
- its excess is brushed off with a fan-shaped brush;
- after drying the composition in ordinary air (3-5 minutes is enough for this), the base gel is applied first and then the decorative gel polish;
- when applying conventional varnishes using a small layer of gel as a base is required.
Tip! After coating with acrylic powder, it may be necessary to level the nail plate. This can be done with an ordinary nail file.
Nail shape correction or extension
If you are not satisfied with the shape of the nails or you decide to extend them at home, acrylic powder is mixed not with glue, but with a monomer. This coating is even more durable than gel:
- the monomer is mixed with the powder directly on the brush, a small ball is formed from the mixture, and it is carefully laid out on the nail plate;
- adjustment layer neatly leveled;
- since acrylic hardens very quickly, it is necessary to work very quickly;
- after drying the nails, they can be covered with a base and then with any decorative varnish.
Thin nail plates can be strengthened and gel. Before applying it, the nails are covered with a layer of rubber or a conventional base, then they are treated with a buff and a base coat again. The nails in this case thicken, and the gel polish lays down perfectly.
If you are not satisfied with the shape of the nails or you decide to extend them at home, acrylic powder is mixed not with glue, but with monomer
Tip! Monomer mixed with acrylic powder has a very strong chemical smell, so it is better to work in a room equipped with a hood, and even better on a balcony. On the face it is desirable to wear a gauze bandage.
Mixing acrylic with gel polish
You can make the gel coating more durable by pre-mixing it with acrylic powder. Just as with the above method, the nails are first filed, sanded and degreased.
Next, you need to drop a drop of shellac in a small cap, add powder to it, mix the solution with a separate brush and apply it on your nails, using it like a regular gel polish. This coating is dried under the rays of an ultraviolet lamp, and then fixed with a finishing varnish.
You can make the gel coating more durable by pre-mixing it with acrylic powder.
If the biogel from the nails is only necessary to cut, then the acrylic is removed using a special liquid (remuver), in which the nails are immersed for about 15 minutes. With a thick layer of soaking acrylic can last a little longer. After its complete softening, it is carefully removed with an orange stick.
Acrylic cutting with a large abrasive is allowed. However, to act in this case must be extremely careful, otherwise the native nail plate can be damaged.
Nail with and without powder
Tip! Some people may have allergies to acrylic, so be sure to check its effect on a small part of the nail.
The cost of strengthening acrylic in salons
A similar procedure in the beauty salon will not be so cheap - they will charge you from 1 thousand to 1400 r. Let's try to calculate how much more profitable it is to do it at home:
- despite the fact that 1 can of powder costs 400-450 rubles, you can use it many times;
- the price of a monometer is slightly higher - from 900 rubles;
- plus you will need a base cover (bonder) of 250-300 r .;
- we will not include the cost of nail files, baf and brushes into the set - with a self-respecting woman all these tools should always be available;
- despite the fact that in total you spend the same 1400-1500 p., this set is enough for you not only to strengthen the nails (and moreover), but also to create three-dimensional drawings; if you buy monomer and ultraviolet or LED-lamp, then you can and build up nails at home.
If you learn to do the procedure at home, you can save on trips to the salon
Tip! For a durable coating that can last on the nails for a long time, use formulations from reputable manufacturers.
Pros and cons of the method
The acrylic powder coating has a lot of advantages:
- it is quite porous, so the nails under it will continue to breathe;
- working with it is much easier than with the gel composition;
- it does not require drying under a UV lamp;
- after the procedure, the nails become stronger and no longer exfoliate, since the acrylic coating prevents the appearance of new cracks;
- it can handle nails of any length;
- Since acrylic powder looks like a normal clear varnish, nails look as natural as possible; white or colored powder is also on sale, but it is used only to create decorative coatings;
- you can also adjust small areas without affecting the main part of the nail plate;
- acrylic will help protect them from the effects of aggressive household formulations: washing powders, gels, etc .;
- this coating will hold on the nails for at least 4 weeks;
- it is very plastic, does not soften even with a long stay in water, easily withstands high temperatures and mechanical loads;
- if it is impossible to correct gel coatings, then nails coated with acrylic are allowed to level, file, that is, to do a regular manicure;
- Unlike gel formulations, acrylic powder is a more gentle means.
Acrylic powder can be colored, then it is used to create drawings.
We now list the disadvantages of such coverage:
- acrylic will need to be periodically adjusted - depending on the growth rate of the nails, once every 2-3 weeks a new portion of acrylic powder will have to be added to the area of their base;
- since it does not have any therapeutic effect, but only strengthens the nails, after removing it, they will begin to break again;
- it is not so easy to remove acrylic, for this you will need a special composition - remuver; if you do not have enough patience to soak this rather strong coating, and you try to cut it, you can damage the nail plate even more.
Tip! Since a greenhouse effect occurs under a layer of acrylic, it is strictly prohibited to apply powder in any fungal diseases. After all, this procedure can aggravate their course. It is undesirable to do it with diabetes or hormonal disorders.
Acrylic powder drawings on top of gel polish
So even a small jar of powder weighing 21 g will last you for a long time, you can use it to create the most unusual three-dimensional drawings:
- after drying shellac in the UV lamp with a thin brush, any patterns are drawn on the nails;
- it is quite possible to use ready-made templates for getting pictures, which are sold in any store that sells products for nail art;
- without waiting for the gel to dry, the finger is gently dipped in a jar of powder;
- its surpluses are cleaned with a clean brush;
- nail is dried in a UV lamp;
- You can decorate with patterns like all nail plates, so decorate them with only a few marigolds.
It is also possible to use ready-made templates, which are sold in any store that sells products for nail art.
Tip!To prevent expensive powder from waking up on the table, spread a sheet of paper under a jar or place it on a small saucer.