Hair coloring is the fastest way to drastically change the image. If a woman fears too sharp a color change, highlighting comes to the rescue
"I want something new!" - the stinging brunette declares and goes to the hairdresser to become discolored or to highlight dark hair. Indeed, hair coloring is the fastest way to drastically change the image. If a woman fears too sharp a color change, highlighting comes to the rescue.There are different types of highlighting, differing mainly in the technique of execution. But the essence is always the same - a separate part of the head, or specific strands are painted in a contrasting shade
This coloring technique allows you to achieve a visual increase in the volume and thickness of the hair, as well as create shining sun glares on the curls
What is highlighting
Highlighting is the bleaching or dyeing in contrasting colors of individual strands. It is this dyeing technique that makes it possible to achieve a visual increase in the volume and density of the hair, as well as create shining sun glares on the curls.
The main point of highlighting is to create the sensation of strands sunburned
Depending on the technique of highlighting, you can achieve this or that effect.
Now there are many types of highlighting. Each salon offers its customers 2-3 different procedures to choose from. But before you blithely agree on one of them, you need to find out how these types of staining differ.
Hello from Californian beaches
Naturalness and naturalness for several seasons in a row are at the peak of popularity. That is why California highlighting, creating the effect of sun-bleached hair, has become firmly in vogue.
California highlights on dark hair
California highlights on dark hair
Hair as if burned out in the sun
Interesting! This type of highlighting came to us from warm California, the bright sun of which left on the head of the local beauties juicy bright highlights.
The purpose of Californian highlighting is a smooth, imperceptible transition from dark hair roots to bright ends. Properly done coloring diversifies your curls with a mass of shades - their number can reach up to five - will create a feeling of pomp and density of hair.
Smooth transition from dark roots to brighter tips
When dyeing Californian melirovanie not used foil, so that the paint dries in a natural way, without destroying the hair structure
Californian highlighting technique
California highlighting is considered one of the most benign procedures. Its main features are:
- when dyeing, foil is not used, due to which the paint dries in a natural way, without destroying the hair structure;
Dark hair is lightened before the procedure, otherwise new shades will not be sufficiently saturated
Due to the fact that in the root area the hair retains its natural color, you do not have to visit the hairdresser often - re-dyeing can be done after 3 months
- dark hair is lightened before the procedure, otherwise new shades will not be sufficiently saturated;
- due to the fact that in the basal region the hair retains its natural color, you do not have to visit the hairdresser often - re-dyeing can be done in 3 months;
- "stretching" the color allows you to make the hair shade natural, without a visible transition from light to dark.
This type of staining is considered difficult: not every master is able to correctly choose the shades for painting
Highlight front curls
California highlighting is considered one of the most benign procedures.
This type of coloring is considered difficult: not every master is able to correctly choose the shades for painting. California highlighting is a delicate work that requires not only professional skills, but also a creative approach from a hairdresser. It is not enough to know the order of the procedure: it is necessary for each client to choose an individual variant of staining.
The most popular shades are considered to be golden, honey, wheat, beige, caramel and sand. Due to the fact that the strands during dyeing in contact with each other, the paint beautiful flares spreads over the entire length of the hair, creating natural transitions.
Golden, honey, wheat, beige, caramel and sand are considered the most popular shades.
Clarified strands give hair volume
Tip! Dyeing dark hair is associated with a number of difficulties: before highlighting, dark strands will have to be lightened in order to subsequently obtain the necessary shades.
Bottom zone (5-7 cm) is usually not touched. Pre-brightening can cause significant damage to hair. Therefore, experts, performing highlighting on dark hair, use dyes without ammonia.
California highlights on dark hair
American version of staining
Until recently, this type of highlighting was considered the most fashionable. In this way, the favorite "many feathers" of many women were created on the upper strands of hair.
Initially, American highlighting suggested not bleaching individual strands, but giving them a noble reddish tint: red, brown, burgundy, orange, or copper. Now, the usual natural colors are sometimes replaced by a very extravagant green, yellow or purple hue.
There is no smooth transition from dark to light when using American highlights.
At such coloring no more than four shades are used.
Strands can be a variety of colors
Coloring can be as bright, contrasting, with a clearly distinguishable transition from a natural color to a new shade, as well as a soft, with smooth tints and subtle reflections. The first option is preferred by young girls: the contrasting color looks fresh, original and bold. The second option is for ladies who are afraid to look inelegant with multi-colored hair.
American highlighting can not be called gentle - foil is used for dyeing: colored strands are wrapped in thin plates to get a more intense shade
American highlighting technique
Features of American highlighting:
- when dyeing, foil is used: dyed strands are wrapped in thin plates to get a more intense shade;
- Usually masters do not use more than 4 colors, so the transition from a dark shade to a light shade is not very smooth;
- to create an unusual image with motley hair, the master can be limited to two shades;
- the lower strands retain the natural color - only the upper ones are colored.
American highlights for short hair
The lower strands retain the natural color - only the upper are painted
American highlights on dark hair
Now in the American highlighting a new trend has emerged: individual curls are painted in a lighter, but close to the natural color. Chestnut shades are commonly used. Thanks to this approach, the hair becomes "alive": shine, shine, look thick and voluminous.
Under the sun of Venice
This type of highlighting is similar to California. The difference is only in the choice of shades: with Californian preference is given to light and golden tones, with Venetian - a combination of sand and wheat strands with noble warm shades of chocolate, coffee and cognac.
Venetian highlighting from the California is different shades of color
When Venetian bleaching combine sand and wheat strands with noble warm shades of chocolate, coffee and brandy.
Highlighting will give lightness and freshness to your image
Interesting! The name of the mode of highlighting is due to the fact that it first appeared in medieval Venice. Of course, the local ladies did not use chemical dyes to give their hot black hair sunny shades. They just sat for hours under the scorching sun, making sure that the curls at the top brightened a couple of tones.
Thanks to the Venetian highlighting, you can achieve the original complex color, which will make the hair thicker and lush. Dark curls, interspersed with thin light strands, will shine brightly in the sun, giving its owner a fresh and rested appearance.
The hair in the basal part retains its natural color, and the tips are light, sometimes white
Shades are selected depending on the primary hair color
Usually light strands are thin, their number is small. To make the hair look really “sunny”, the masters select warm colors
Venetian highlighting technique
Features Venetian highlighting:
- it is performed without the use of foil: dyed hair dries in a natural way;
- shades are selected depending on the main hair color;
- the hair in the root part retains its natural color, and the tips are light, sometimes white;
- applying the paint, the master retreats from the roots no more than 3 cm, and then distributes the composition in curls with light unconstrained strokes;
- Hairdressers use up to five different shades when coloring.
Venetian highlighting on dark hair, just like California, is done without the use of foil: dyed hair dries in a natural way
The most common colors for Venetian highlighting are golden, beige, cognac, coffee, chocolate, auburn
Usually light strands are thin, their number is small. To the hair seemed really "sunny", the master selects warm shades. The most common colors for Venetian highlighting are golden, beige, cognac, coffee, chocolate, auburn.
Coloring in ombre style
Ombre - gradient hair coloring, suggesting a smooth transition from dark roots to bright ends (in some cases, on the contrary). This variant of staining is considered a kind of highlighting, although it has certain differences in technique.
Relatively smooth transition from dark to light
To create a beautiful "stretching" used 2-3 shades in a single color scheme. A couple of years ago, the coloring of ombre was an absolute hit, as it allowed achieving a natural transition of one shade to another without sharp boundaries. And now they resort to this type of coloring quite often, however, the methods of coloring have changed significantly. There are new original ombre options.
- Double ombre involves the use of only two colors: dark and light. The border between them runs horizontally and can be either explicit, or smoothed, blurred. The ratio of the length of the dark and light parts can also be varied. The most extravagant people prefer to use bright blue, red and pink colors.
Double-sided ombre with a clear color transition line
- Multitonal coloring differs in multistage transition of one color to another using intermediate shades. This type of coloring is more difficult to perform than a two-tone ombre: it can only be done by a professional master. The main requirement for multitonal coloring is the absence of a sharp transition from one shade to another and the correct selection of colors.
Multi-tone ombre with several intermediate shades between dark and light
- Creative multi color coloring suitable for young ladies. If you want to rivet the attention of others to your hair, do the coloring with a rainbow effect: let the brown roots smoothly turn into blue or green tips. In this intermediate color can be any - yellow, pink, burgundy.
Ombre for a short haircut
- Ombre with reservation - another hit of the season. This type of staining is also called "grown brondirovanie". In this method of highlighting, the root part remains dark, and the tips are painted according to the technique of bronding in lighter shades. The width of the dark zone may be different.
Ombre with reservation
- Ombre haircut contour suitable for women with layered and cascading hairstyles. In this dyeing, the ends of the hair are lightened, framing the hair around the contour, giving the layered haircut a special charm, depth and volume.
The contour of the haircut is framed by the type of ombre
Tip! Ombre is great for chestnut, chocolate and dark blond hair of medium length. On short hair, such coloring looks less impressive, since a small length does not allow for a smooth "stretching" of color.
Ombre on dark long hair
The transition from dark to bright copper
Ombre with purple staining
Highlight ombre on dark hair
The tips of the hair are usually painted in bright colors: amber, nutty, beige, honey, light brown, coffee or wheat. However, now more fashionable options with pink, red, blue and white shades are coming into fashion. An interesting effect is the use of red tones - the hair turns into flames and makes its owner bright and noticeable.
Highlight balayazh - this is the zone lightening hair. It is perfect for asymmetrical and short haircuts: cascade, graduated bean, ladder. Such coloring and on wavy hair perfectly looks.
Balayazh is great for wavy hair and looks impressive on the curled curls
Balayazh - zonal lightening hairstyles, most often in this way highlight the contours of the haircut
Coloring is performed only on the top layer of hair.
Features of highlighting balayazh:
- coloring is made on the finished haircut, because it is intended to emphasize its shape;
- master makes easy horizontal strokes of different lengths and widths;
- colored tips dry in foil;
- borders between shades can be both blurred and clearly visible;
- coloring is performed only on the top layer of hair.
Coloring is done on the finished haircut, because it is intended to emphasize its shape
To hairstyle looked elegant, you need to choose the right color of paint. Natural colors are in fashion now, although young girls can afford original color solutions.
Dark Hair Dark Coloring
Dark highlighting on dark hair came into fashion recently, but quickly won the love of many fashionistas. Such coloring allows you to update the image without changing it, refreshes the face, makes the hair thicker and voluminous.
Dark highlighting on dark hair gives novelty to your image
The advantage of dark highlighting is that it does not cause serious damage to the hair. With the usual melirovanie, suggesting the brightening of the ends, dark hair has to discolor - otherwise the light shades do not get quite saturated. If dark shades are to be used, bleaching becomes an unnecessary procedure.
Dark highlighting of dark hair does not harm the hair, but only refreshes the hair
The best colors for dark highlighting are chestnut, coffee, caramel, brandy, chocolate and auburn. They look elegant, stylish and elegant.
Advantages and disadvantages of highlighting dark hair
Highlighting has a number of undoubted advantages:
Highlighting - the right way to update your hairstyle
- beautifully paints over gray hair;
- adds hair to the pomp and volume;
- the paint does not damage the hair roots;
- a second visit to the hairdresser will be required only after a couple of months;
With the help of colored strands you can add a zest to the image.
- A face in a frame of melirovanny hair gets a healthy and fresh look, looks younger.
Disadvantages of highlighting:
- the procedure takes a long time (3-5 hours);
- newly dyed or curled strands may acquire an undesirable shade;
- Salon highlighting procedure is expensive, but at home it is extremely difficult to implement.
The face in a frame of the melirovanny hair gains a healthy and fresh look, looks younger
What method of highlighting to choose - you decide. Venetian bleaching or ombre looks most effective on dark hair, but other types of dyeing will be able to decorate a dark-haired beauty. But you should take a responsible approach to the choice of the salon: not every master can qualitatively highlight the technique of your choice.